The Trophy Committee catalogs and keeps track of all the club trophies and ensures they are cleaned and engraved for the fall awards banquet.
Trophy Committee Chairperson (1 position)
- Oversees all aspects of the Trophy Committee. The Trophy Committee is in charge of collecting the trophies awarded from the previous year of racing and having them engraved. This begins in September as people return trophies after the regular season and culminates at the awards banquet. Trophy award winners are determined by race results posted by the race committee and specialty awards by the MYC board. The trophy committee updates the data base with this information, prints these details, and has the engraving completed for the banquet on October.
Trophy Committee (3-4 positions)
- Take action pictures of all races (in all fleets) during the racing season (or collect these photos from others). These pictures are used for the picture trophies and for the slide show at the awards banquet.
- Disassemble and reassemble the trophy plates before and after engraving.
- Work with the trophy spreadsheet data base.
- Deliver trophy plates to the engraving and pick up after engraving is finished.
- Pick photos and arrange with Brian Louther (who will this be now that Brian is resigning his position?) to have those awards made.
- Transfer, set up, and document those who picked up trophies at the banquet.
- *Note: You can volunteer to help with just one or two of these tasks.
If you would like to learn more about the trophy committee, contact either Jim Lord at firstname.lastname@example.org or Don Sandord at email@example.com. Both have held the position in the past and will be happy to answer your questions.
If you would like to apply for one of these positions, contact the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.