Greetings Mendota Yacht Club Members,
The MYC board met online on April 21, 2020 with only one member absent. We are hoping that the pandemic will be easing and that we can at last go safely sailing. With Governor Evers’ Safer at Home policy being enforced through the end of May, we have made the following changes to the 2020 calendar:
The following events are CANCELLED
- Spring racing series
- E Spring Regatta
- Memorial Day race
- Bloody Mary party
The following events are RESCHEDULED
- Burrows Park Pier-In—May 30 (unless the Scow Fleets contract with a third party to install earlier)
- Keelboat Crane-In—May 30 (please coordinate with your fleet captain)
- RC1 Clean-Up work party—May 31
- Beginning of Summer Racing Series—June 7
The following events are still ON THE SCHEDULE, but we are keeping a close watch on the COVID situation and will make adjustments if necessary.
- After-Race party at Shorewood Boathouse—June 7
- Fleet Meet-Up at Bear and Bottle—June 10 (this is an all-fleet after-race party with the venue chosen by the MC fleet captain)
- 2020 Payton Regatta—June 20-21
- Payton Potluck at Maple Beach Boathouse—June 20 (this party will be changed from a potluck to a catered event for food safety reasons)
- Payton Awards party at Burrows Park—June 21
The MYC Directories will be available for pick-up at the June 20 Payton dinner at the Maple Bluff Beach House. Any remaining MYC Directories will be mailed after the June 20 party.
The MYC board will remain flexible and we’ll make calendar adjustments if needed. You can view the full calendar at www.mendotayc.org.